Start a career with one of the most respected and successful construction companies in Northeast Ohio!
Giambrone Construction offers challenging opportunities for bright, energetic and motivated individuals. If you are interested in starting a career with Giambrone, we would like to hear from you.
Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services performing the following duties.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical date is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience or a 4 year degree in construction related program.
- Proven field experience as a carpenter preferred. Knowledge of computer based estimating, word processing, spreadsheet and/or presentation tools required.
- Experience with Timberline Estimating software a plus.
- OSHA 10 hour Certification required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all aspects of commercial construction to include but not limited to interior renovation, building additions, and new building construction. The ability to read blue prints essential.
- Knowledge of industry standard unit pricing required.
- Knowledge of earthwork, utilities and building infrastructure related trades and pricing required.
- The ability to prepare conceptual estimates and budget pricing required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of computer based estimating, scheduling, contract management, word processing and project management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects
Manage the operational aspects of a construction project to ensure completion within budget. Plan for initiation of project by scheduling resources; monitor progress and oversee adherence to timeframes and costs throughout the project. Manage client expectations to insure customer satisfaction upon completion of project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support sales and project acquisitions.
- Administer pre-construction activities and assist with conceptual estimating.
- Verify plans, designs and timetables.
- Conduct negotiations, define contract parameters and criteria.
- Support value engineering, life cycle cost studies and constructibility reviews and design analysis.
- Provide guidance and direction during construction. Direct administrative activities throughout project. Oversee planning and purchasing on “fast-track” projects.
- Manage projects to budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Implement logical approaches in resolving problems, identify potential concerns, develop solutions, and justify recommendations and conclusions.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing and/or estimating commercial construction projects up to $10M in value.
- Knowledge of both large scale interior and/or new building construction is essential.
- Proven field experience as a lead carpenter and/or superintendent is a plus.
- Four-year degree in construction management, construction technology or related degree is preferred.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to estimate, plan and produce multi million dollar commercial projects up to $10M in value.
- A working knowledge of computer based estimating, scheduling and project processing and project management tools is essential.
- Prior experience using Timberline for estimating and project management is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are vital.
- Must also be familiar with OSHA workplace safety guidelines.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT POLICY
Giambrone Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as a matter of law, ethics and good business practice. The Company provides equal opportunities and bases its employment decisions on sound business reasons without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable ordinance or law. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Any employee with questions or concerns about this equal employment opportunity policy and its implementation in the workplace is encouraged to bring the matter to the attention of the Company’s Equal Employment Opportunity officer, Patricia Giambrone. Employees found to be engaging in unlawful discrimination will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including discharge.